Saturday, December 5, 2009

A very small start


well, I have gone and done it....after years of having "learn to drive" on my list of 100 things to do in my life...I have stated learning to drive! Now...it is a very small start ( pun intended ) a miniature donkey named "Tango" is my kind and gentle teacher.....My friend "Diana" of Red Moon Acres has graciously helped my make my first venture into the world of driving. You can see Diana's donkey herd at www.redmoonacres.com.....frankly they are all terribly adorable..lucky I already have a pasture full of equines ;-)

Some of you might wonder just exactly what my goal is here...after all, we have a highly successful dressage program, and also raise Trail horses deluxe...
Driving is something I have always wanted to do...and did you know, you can compete in Driven Dressage????? I think I have a few horses that might be very suitable for that. So, I will learn to drive, and then learn to teach driven dressage to one of my very own equines...Diana is teaching me driving basics, and Tango allows me to learn from my mistakes...there is a whole lot more to learning to drive, than one might think, and I am ready for the challenge!

3 comments:

  1. If you don't do the things you've always wanted to do who will? I've always wanted to Event and through crazy random happenstances it looks like I'm going to take my new pony to one in the spring with a walk-trot dressage test, ground pole cross country course, and cross-rail stadium jumps. I'm very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Donkey! I never know what to do with the whip, it usually ends up on the ground lol. You look great, looks like there will be plenty of competition in CSI driving! Can't wait to see your Curlies hitched! Dian

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete