Wednesday, March 10, 2010

ABC Photo Contest results are IN !!!

"First Love" *C-C Hells Canyon Packer and Darryl K.

Well, after waiting what seemed like forever...I finally got some ribbons in the mail ! The ABC photo contest 2009 has been judged and the awards are out. I have really enjoyed this contest, it helps promote our curlies in a very positive way, with good quality photography, and attention to detail. For some reason many folks in the curly world have no desire to photograph their horses at the top of their game...nice clean horses, shots that have interest and show our horses at their very, very best. As you probably know....LOL....I have never been that type of person. Many folks first impressions of my curly horses are of photos of my herd members. MORE than once, I have been told after having folks visit, that the horse they were considering had already drawn them in, with a exceptional photo. So, to be rewarded in the ABC registry photo contest means alot to me. Knowing that I am doing a stellar job in representing my horses and the breed, is ammunition to keep me out there, doing even more photos...haha! so..here are the results! This year we had 2 double winner.....double winners are photos that the judge chose as the number 1 photo...and the people chose as number 1...! thank you ABC for the chance for a really good competition...and look out 2010 !!!

*C-C High Sox Tyler trots his way to a double victory in the foals category. 1st place judged photo and 1st place viewers choice !!!




*C-C Hells Canyon Packer in yet another winning photo !

and...the Daddy of them all, ( literally ) does a run by......took a lot of guts to stay put on this shot...let me tell you !!!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS LINDA!!! I forgot to tell you! Your photos always deserve ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love the baby photo, such a love. I would love to see him all grown up(or her???). But, my choice is the stallion photo. The power in that photo. My heart would be pounding waiting that out. But, I bet he never would have run over you, ever!

    ReplyDelete