Sunday, February 7, 2010

Thank you RAC !!!!


Thank you Denise, thank you Curly Horse Country ......www.curlyhorsecountry.com for another awesome year of "Ride a Curly" competition! 2009 found me with a whole lot of opportunity to RAC up ground training time, so I put my time and skills to good use. I was totally jazzed when I discovered that my time and effort in competing in the 2009 RAC Ground training division of the RAC competition had brought me a VICTORY !! and to the victor go a pile of really nice spoils...a lovely ribbon, and a wonderful jacket. At first I thought the logo on the back was all there was on my jacket...but when I put it on, I saw my OWN name on the front, along with more RAC info....

Denise does such a splendid job of inspiring us to learn, make goals and compete in RAC. Her efforts do get noticed, and now, when ever I head out with my jacket on, others will notice too...I suppose I can not pack my ribbon everywhere I go, that might be considered tacky...LOL...

Thanks to all the curly horse lovers out there that compete and make winning this RAC contest a very coveted thing..and thanks again to Denise, for her energy and inspiration for all of us!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Linda!!! Every year, I ask the winners if they would take a photo for me wearing their prize and I don't get any response....so this was a REAL treat for me to see your photo!! Thank you for your wonderful words but RAC would be nothing without dedicated people like you. You make it happen and make it inspiring for the rest of us. I hope you get lots of use of it...they wash up great too. The one I am wearing in my recent video on the blog is like 10 years old. It has our old farm logo on it. I wear it all winter long with a heavy hoodie under it and it's awesome. ENJOY and thanks again for taking that photo and posting it for me!!! Please feel free to add it to the main blog too. Again CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    p.s. Thanks for the referral to Hodges Badges...they are the BEST company to work with and provide such quality ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise, I know how competition sponsors want and LOVE pics of their winners! I have been in that position ( the sponsor part of things ) several times..

    Hodges is amazing...they did the ribbons for my USEF/USDF shows, and Elaine always uses them for HOY awards...quality company, customer service is the BEST and their ribbons are just wonderful.

    and...My coat WILL get lots of use.....I had a similar one, bought through my boys high school booster club, and I wore it to threads...I LOVE the fact you can feed and the hay all slides off! for those who only think of the vanity part of that..living with a husband that has an allergy attack at the slightest hay flake brought into our house, even on our clothes...these coats are the GREATEST !!!

    ReplyDelete